CSU, Chico Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
EECE 484: Power System Distribution and Analysis (4 Units, Spring)
Catalog Data: EECE 484 Power Systems Distribution and Analysis. 4 hour. Prerequisite: EECE 481 Power system symmetrical components, fault analysis, transient stability analysis, sequence impedances of transmission systems, and distribution networks.
This course is designed to teach seniors in EECE how modern large power systems perform under contingency situations, including fault, load change and other dynamic conditions.
“Analysis of Faulted Power Systems”, Paul Anderson, Iowa State University Press.
“Electric Energy Systems Theory: An Introduction”, O. Elgerd, McGraw-Hill.
1. Power system symmetrical components
2. Fault analysis
3. Concept of power system dynamics and stability
4. Transient stability analysis
5. Sequence impedances of transmission systems
6. An overview of power system distribution networks.
Back to Courses
Back to EE flow chart
Back to CMPE flow chart